We’ve been slowly getting a better idea about the contents of the third season of Hayate no Gotoku, subtitled Can’t Take My Eyes Off You, which will air in the beginning of October.
Basic facts established by the PV, interviews, articles etc.:
- original story based on names (story sketches) by Hayate author Hata Kenjirou
- (this is likely what the big surprise Hata mentioned earlier was all about, as drawing all the names would indeed be impossible for him while keeping up regular manga updates)
- the series is described as containing both love comedy elements and a more serious plotline
- voice actor cast remains unchanged for main characters
- studio Manglobe is responsible for the animation (the same studio made the recent Hayate movie)
- characters confirmed to appear: Nagi, Hayate, Maria, Hinagiku, Ayumu, Chiharu, Ruka, (semi-confirmed: Tama, Klaus)
- opening by eyelis (some previous works)
- ending by Ruka’s voice actress
- aside from singing the ED, Ruka is supposed to play a prominent role in the series
And now, the preview summary of the first episode scheduled to come out on the 3rd of October has been made available:
The single daughter of the Sanzen’in family, Nagi, receives a surprising phone call. It is an invitation of extraterrestrial origin, coming from area 51. Nagi announces she must depart there, but is stopped by her maid Maria and made fun of by her butler, Ayasaki Hayate.
Other than being weird in typical Hayate fashion, the episode summary might hint that the first episode will drive straight into the plot proper, without devoting (an) episode(s) to reestablishing characters and plot points from previous series. Of course, with this being Hayate, everything is still possible.