This is a story from a long time ago.
The story of a girl, mahjong, and one more girl.
Word has been out already that Ritz and Aguri liked working together enough to start another Saki-related project following the completion of Saki Achiga-hen, but so far we could only speculate on what the new serialization would contain.
Now the cat’s out of the bag – starting from 25th September, the Ritz x Aguri combo will start serializing a new story following the previous mahjong generation, most of whom we know as active pros appearing in the main story.
I am so looking forward to this. Already we have some new information regarding the power balance in the old Saki world, with Ms. Taciturn-pro showing up in a Shindouji uniform. Other things to look forward to:
- The Legend-Grandmaster-Hayarin-Taciturn square-off featured above – one match to determine the strength tiers of half the known pros
- Kokaji Sukoya during her ascent – the more we learned about her, the less we understood. Will the past bring us answers?
- Harue during her prime – what are the limits of the perfect analysis-type player against ability users?
- The ‘beloved by the tiles’ phenomenon – was it in full swing ten years ago, or is it something unique to the current generation?
- Middle school Kouko fangirling over her future sweetheart. Harue’s yuru-yuri clubroom past. Come on, it’s Saki.
- Hints regarding the master plot of the series – is somebody trying to fish out the supernatural players? If so, for what purpose?
Can’t wait till September!